ACE TEFL is a centre for teachers of English as a foreign language: a place where teachers can learn, develop and get qualified.
We are a centre authorised by Cambridge Assessment English. Cambridge Assessment English is part of the University of Cambridge and helps millions of people learn English and prove their skills to the world.
ACE TEFL was founded in January 2021 by two teacher educators with many years of experience of working with teachers in various contexts and capacities:
- George Vassilakis has been a CELTA and DELTA tutor since the 1990s. He has trained thousands of teachers in pre-service and in-service contexts and has had more than twenty ELT books published.
- Alexander Makarios has trained teachers for fifteen years and is an approved CELTA tutor, CELTA Assessor and DELTA tutor.
ACE TEFL offers a range of services to prospective and practising teachers of English, including the Cambridge CELTA and DELTA, as well as short seminars, webinars and workshops for teachers on specialist topics and a range of consultancy services for language schools, including syllabus and course design, inservice teacher training and observation and evaluation of teachers.
The centre offers a variety of CELTA and DELTA courses, including:
- intensive CELTA courses (face to face in 4 weeks or online in 5 weeks)
- part-time CELTA courses (three months or eight months)
- intensive DELTA Module 1 courses (online, 11 weeks)
- intensive DELTA Module 2 courses (seven weeks)
- personalised DELTA Module 3 courses (on demand, online)
- part-time DELTA Module 1 courses (online, 6 months)
- part-time DELTA Module 2 courses (six months)
Help with Employment
We do not offer a job placement service, but we work with a number of language schools in Greece, which often ask us for CELTA-qualified teachers. If you agree to have your contact details shared with our network of language schools, we will put you in contact with them once you complete your CELTA course. This service is free.
There are numerous accommodation options in the centre of Athens, including rooms in shared apartments and studios within walking distance of ACE TEFL.
We can help you find accommodation for the duration of your course that suits your preference; this service is free for people who have been accepted on our courses. The accommodation itself will cost between 450 and 600 Euro per month (including all bills), depending on the type of accommodation you choose.
1. Deposits are non-refundable and must be received in order to secure your place on the course. Until we receive the deposit, your place on the course is not secured.
2. If you postpone the start date of your course with more than 4 weeks’ notice, there is no penalty. All fees paid (including the deposit) will be valid for a future course. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
3. If you postpone the start date of your course with less than 4 weeks’ notice, you will forfeit your original deposit which must be paid again. If any other payments have been made, those funds will be valid for a future course. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
4. If you cancel your course more than 3 weeks before the course starts, you will receive a full refund of the balance (not of the deposit).
5. If you cancel your course between 1 and 3 weeks before the course starts, you will receive a 50% refund of the balance (not of the deposit).
6. If you postpone the start date of your course a week or less before the course starts, you will not receive a refund.
7. If a student visa is required, course fees must be received at least two weeks before any appointment at the consulate to allow sufficient time to prepare and send documents. Please note that we cannot issue any documents to support your visa application unless we have received the total fee in full.
8. If a student visa is accepted and received, no course fees can be refunded. If your visa is rejected, as long as proof of rejection is sent to us, you will receive a full refund except for the deposit. Proof of rejection must be received at least one week before the course start date.
Athens is the capital and largest city of Greece. Classical Athens was a powerful city-state. A center for the arts, learning and philosophy, home of Plato's Academy and Aristotle's Lyceum, it is widely referred to as the cradle of Western civilization and the birthplace of democracy, largely because of its cultural and political impact on the European continent, and in particular the Romans. In modern times, Athens is a large cosmopolitan metropolis and central to economic, financial, industrial, maritime, political and cultural life in Greece. Athens’ urban area hosts more than three and a half million people, which is around 35% of the entire population of Greece.
The heritage of the classical era is still evident in the city, represented by ancient monuments and works of art, the most famous of all being the Parthenon, considered a key landmark of early Western civilization. The city also retains Roman and Byzantine monuments, as well as a smaller number of Ottoman monuments, while its historical urban core features elements of continuity through its millennia of history.Athens is home to two UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Acropolis of Athens and the medieval Daphni Monastery. Landmarks of the modern era, dating back to the establishment of Athens as the capital of the independent Greek state in 1834, include the Hellenic Parliament and the so-called "architectural trilogy of Athens", consisting of the National Library of Greece, the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Academy of Athens. Athens is also home to several museums and cultural institutions, such as the National Archeological Museum, featuring the world's largest collection of ancient Greek antiquities, the Acropolis Museum, the Museum of Cycladic Art, the Benaki Museum and the Byzantine and Christian Museum. Athens was the host city of the first modern-day Olympic Games in 1896, and 108 years later it hosted the 2004 Summer Olympics, making it one of the few cities to have hosted the Olympics more than once.
ACE TEFL is in the heart of Athens, within easy walking distance of the National Archeological Museum and the architectural trilogy of Athens. Close to the school is the vibrant Exarheia area, a charming and very lively neighborhood, traditionally a meeting point and home to many students and artists.