CELT Athens is a centre dedicated to teacher education and has been running since 1993.
It is owned and run by Marisa Constantinides, a teacher educator, writer, blogger and keynote speaker of international reputation.
CELT is in Athens, Greece and has recently moved to modern, spacious premises in the heart of the city.
The high quality of instruction and the excellence in Cambridge CELTA and Delta results, have made CELT an international destination with candidates from around the globe.
Our online courses in a live classroom, have become hugely popular attracting candidates who prefer to be able to see and talk to their tutors rather than be faced with an asynchronous and faceless learning management system.
We are dedicated to the pursuit of excellence in English Language Teaching and Teacher Education through ensuring
- Excellence in tutors
- Excellence in resources
- Excellence in support systems
The centre is especially supportive to its trainees, and offers:
- Multilingual classes of adults where our candidates can observe and be observed while teaching.
- Strong course support through course dedicated websites with resources, sample assignments and videotaped seminars for preparation and revision. Our trainees have access to these resources for life.
- Free internet access
- Use of PC's and printing for lesson preparation and materials design
- An updated library and resources, which have received high praise by all Cambridge Assessors.
- Continued support after the end of our courses through our online communities and connections with institutions and individuals worldwide.
Our past trainees receive guidance on how to join the international ELT community and to build interesting and rewarding careers.
Indeed, our social media presence is one of the strongest worldwide with a network reaching out to teachers around the globe.
Help with Employment
CELT Athens has excellent local and international connections with foreign language centres and job recruitment agencies worldwide. It has a very strong presence in all the social networking sites as well as an online website for its trainees to network with schools and leave their CV and samples of work.
Special guidance is given on creating efficient resumes and contacting employers.
More recently, we have been working directly with recruitment companies - our trainees are also closely networked in a closed community where jobs and career opportunities are regularly posted.
Shared flats are sublet to two or three trainees at a very reasonable cost, ranging from 300 to 350 euros per person with water, electricity and wifi included in the price.
Our refund policy is clearly outlined in each course application form and candidates are required to read carefully and sign before they submit their application.
We are very pleased and happy to show off our new premises.
Information about the new CELT PREMISES
Our new school location is even more central than before and our school classes have some great features:
- large and well lit classrooms
- air-conditioning in all school areas
- interactive whiteboards and internet access in every classroom.
- facilities for the disabled and a disabled friendly environment.
-a students' common room
Information about Athens
Athens, Greece, is a friendly, safe and welcoming, yet exciting and modern European city with so much to do in its present and see of its past.
Athens is very close to a great coastline of beaches - for summer candidates, this is a great and easy getaway from the hard work on the course!
It's also very easy to jump on a boat and find yourself on one of the most famous Greek islands in under two hours!
Hydra, Spetsae, Aegina, are great and very easily accessible destinations.
Mykonos and Santorini, magnificent Greek islands, can be reached by hydrofoil or low priced domestic flight equally easily.
Athens is a great destination to complete your CELTA and give yourself the gift of short breaks or a short holiday at either end of the course.