- 130 contact hours, covering the five main syllabus areas plus additional sessions on specialist topics such as Teaching Young Learners, Technology and A variety of aproaches towards grammar teaching.
- Permanent training team, available at all times. CELTA courses since 2004.
- Demonstration lessons and video-observations built into the course timetable.
- Free lunches, tea and coffee.
- Use of the university library including the British Council ELT collection.
- Free Wi-Fi and internet access throughout the campus.
- Dedicated trainees’ room with multiple networked laptops, printers and photocopying facilities.
- Technical support from the university IT department.
- Spacious, comfortable input room.
- Air-conditioned classrooms fitted with projection and audio facilities.
- Campus facilities: Starbucks, Subway, Mio Cafe, Altınkapı Restaurant, canteen, stationery stores, health centre.
- Manageable part-time schedule. Just two weekday evenings and Saturdays, spread over ten weeks.
- Full-time and part-time employment opportunities for successful candidates at Izmir University of Economics and many other local institutions.
Help with Employment
Where do IUE CELTA graduates work?
Michelle Douglas - Izmir University of Economics
Mehmet Derviş Saltık - Izmir University of Economics
Charles Riddell - Izmir University of Economics
Zeynep İnanç - Yaşar University
Nilay Zurnacıoğlu - Ege University
Çağla Aydın - Manchester Language Schools
Mihaela Şalariu - Teachers training Centre, Iasi, Romania
Raed Zghaier - Al-Thikr Schools, Jeddah, KSA
Ayça Ercan - Ege University
Malik Naseem Abbas - Royal College , Yanbu, KSA
Tamer Gülbek - Izmir University of Economics
Zeynep Sağ - Yaşar University
Eliz Çayırlı - Izmir University of Economics
Erol Gomel - Izmir University of Economics
Ayşegül Çirik - Izmir University of Economics
Merve Polat - Izmir University of Economics
Altınay Gönen - Katip Çelebi University
Gökhan Sönmezcan - Izmir University of Economics
Mustafa Büyükbucaklı - Biruni University
İdil Yumukoğlu - Izmir University of Economics
Mina Bollam - Izmir University of Economics
Güneş Tunç - Izmir University of Economics
Nazlıgül Bozok - NATO Allied Land Command
Altun Arıkan - Izmir University of Economics
Fatma Şahiner - Izmir Air Force
Gülfem Akdoğan - Izmir University of Economics
Mahmoud Hegazy - Al-Thikr Schools, Jeddah, KSA
As part of the application process, we will send a list of housing options to all candidates coming from outside Izmir. The most preferred one is the dormitory on our campus.
- On-campus accommodation in a single room (200 GBP for the duration of the course
Neither the course fee (1050 GBP) nor the deposit (250 GBP deducted from the course fee) is refundable.