- 130 contact hours, covering the five main syllabus areas plus additional sessions on specialist topics such as Teaching Young Learners, Drama and Songs, Storytelling and Technology.
- Permanent training team, available at all times. CELTA courses since 2004.
- Demonstration lessons and video-observations built into the course timetable.
- Free USB Flash Drive loaded with course documents and essential reading material.
- Free lunches, tea and coffee.
- Use of the university library including the British Council ELT collection.
- Free Wi-Fi and internet access throughout the campus.
- Dedicated trainees’ room with multiple networked laptops, printers and photocopying facilities.
- Technical support from the university IT department.
- Spacious, comfortable input room.
- Air-conditioned classrooms fitted with projection and audio facilities.
- Campus facilities: Starbucks, Sir Winston, canteen, stationery stores, health centre.
- Manageable part-time schedule. Just two weekday evenings and Saturdays, spread over ten weeks.
- Full-time and part-time employment opportunities for successful candidates at Izmir University of Economics and many other local institutions.
Help with Employment
Where do IUE CELTA graduates work?
Michelle Douglas - Izmir University of Economics
Nilay Zurnacıoğlu - Ege University
Jale Ertan - Martı College
Çağla Aydın - Manchester Language Schools
Mihaela Şalariu - Teachers training Centre, Iasi, Romania
Raed Zghaier - Al-Thikr Schools, Jeddah, KSA
Crystal Dungan - Izmir University of Economics
Ayça Ercan - Ege University
Begüm Buldanlıoğlu - Martı College
Çiğdem Belge - My English Language School
Malik Naseem Abbas - Royal College , Yanbu, KSA
Tamer Gülbek - Izmir University of Economics
Zeynep Sağ - Yaşar University
Emir Kiracı - Martı College
Eliz Çayırlı - Izmir University of Economics
Merve Çelik - Yaşar University
Sarah Khojasteh - Martı College
Erol Gomel - Izmir University of Economics
Koray Akyazı - Gediz University
Ayşegül Çirik - Izmir University of Economics
Aslı Özserdaroğulları - Izmir University
Merve Polat - Izmir University of Economics
Altınay Gönen - Katip Çelebi University
Gökhan Sönmezcan - Izmir University of Economics
Mustafa Büyükbucaklı - Biruni University
İdil Yumukoğlu - Izmir University of Economics
Nefise Karhan - MEV
Mina Bollam - Izmir University of Economics
Dilek Keser - State Primary School, Afyon
Güneş Tunç - Izmir University of Economics
Nazlıgül Bozok - NATO Allied Land Command
Altun Arıkan - Izmir University of Economics
Fatma Şahiner - Izmir Air Force
Gülfem Akdoğan - Izmir University of Economics
Mahmoud Hegazy - Al-Thikr Schools, Jeddah, KSA
As part of the application process, we will send a list of housing options to all candidates coming from outside Izmir. The most preferred one is the dormitory on our campus.
- Single room, low-cost, on-campus dormitory accommodation available (for 35 TL per night).