Study your CELTA in the centre of vibrant Barcelona with Oxford TEFL and take advantage of our international careers, visa and accommodation service. We have been training teachers in Barcelona since 1998 and have solid connections in the city and worldwide. Our friendly school includes a large garden and has all the facilities you would expect from a modern, high-quality training course. Take your CELTA with us in central Barcelona and join our community!
- A large language school as well as the teacher training centre
- Central location, well connected to the rest of the city
- Fully-equipped classrooms with projectors
- A library, kitchen, large garden, computers, free wifi
Help with Employment
On average, our graduates find work within 21 days of graduation. Our dedicated careers advisor, Corinne, works closely with our trainees before, during and after the course to ensure that you have a great chance of finding a good position anywhere in the world. We have a database of over 500 schools and graduates who we are regularly in touch with and we can refer you to them. Our Oxford TEFL Jobs Facebook page is updated regularly with new jobs around the world.
We offer two options for accommodation in Barcelona which are comfortable, low-cost and close to the school:
Option 1: Find your own accommodation via our accommodation group which is only for trusted hosts and trainees. This is a free service (fees for your accommodation via group will vary).
Option 2: Let us do the work! Our accommodation officer, Taylor, will match you to a host which meets your specific needs and preferences. €550 for one month.
(Applicable to all modalities: 100% online, face-to-face in Barcelona, full-time, and part-time)
Course Fees and Deposits:
- A non-refundable deposit of €425 is required to secure your place on the course.
- The total course fees must be paid by the deadline indicated in your place offer email.
- Early Bird Discount (Face-to-Face Course Only): For eligibility, the full course fees must be paid at least one month prior to the course start date.
- Discount Codes: Please note that discount codes cannot be combined or stacked.
- Your place on the course and fees paid cannot be transferred to another person.
If you postpone your start date and notify us…
…before the application deadline, all fees paid (including the deposit) will be valid for a future course taken within one year of postponement.
…after the application deadline but before the course starts, you will need to repay the €425 deposit to join a later course. Any other fees paid will be valid for a future course taken within one year of postponement.
…after the course starts, you will need to repay the €425 deposit OR the prorated fees based on the amount of training received prior to cancellation plus any costs incurred (cover for your classes, admin, Cambridge assessment fee), whichever amount is higher.
If you cancel your registration and notify us…
…before the application deadline, you will receive a full refund of all fees paid except the deposit (€425).
…after the application deadline, no fees will be refunded. However, a portion of your fees may still be valid if you wish to join a later course (see postponement terms above).
Course Duration and Attendance:
- All full-time CELTA courses include either 19 or 20 days of class (depending on holidays). The course fees are not affected by the course duration.
- Trainees are required to attend all timetabled sessions. For the first unexcused absence, the trainee will be issued with a written warning. For the second unexcused absence, the trainee will be considered to have withdrawn from the course and will not be eligible for a refund.
Requirements for the 100% Online CELTA course:
- Study environment: A private, quiet room where you will not be disturbed.
- Hardware: A laptop/desktop computer with Windows or Mac OS, plus a webcam, speakers (or headphones), and a microphone.
- Internet connection:
- Minimum: 1.0Mbps/1.0Mbps (upload/download)
- Recommended: 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (upload/download)
Course Cancellation by Institution: We reserve the right to cancel a course up to 5 days before the start date. In such a scenario, you will have three options:
- Change modalities (e.g., face-to-face → online).
- Postpone your start date (all fees paid will be carried forward).
- Request a full refund of all fees paid to Oxford TEFL (including the deposit). Please note that Oxford TEFL cannot be held responsible for fees paid to other companies. Be sure to check the refund policy before making any payments to a third party (e.g., flights, insurance, accommodation, etc.).
- Oxford TEFL cannot be held responsible for the loss or theft of personal belongings.
Visa Support Service for Barcelona
(only applicable to face-to-face CELTA course)
- If you require a Schengen visa, the full fees for the CELTA course must be received at least six weeks before your start date to ensure that your visa is received in time.
- If you require a long-term student visa, the full fees for the CELTA course and the Developing Teacher Course with Spanish must be received at least 3 months before your start date to ensure that your visa is received in time.
- Once a letter of enrolment has been issued for visa purposes, no course fees can be refunded (unless proof of rejection is sent to us). This measure is in place to prevent visa fraud.
- If your visa is rejected, and proof of rejection is sent to us, you will receive a full refund of all fees paid except for the deposit. Proof of rejection must be received before the application deadline.
Barcelona is an amazing location to study. This cosmopolitan city is full of culture, a vibrant nightlife, beaches and mountains to enjoy.