Study your CELTA in the heart of enchanting Prague with Oxford TEFL and take advantage of our international careers, visa and accommodation service (student apartment available). We have been training teachers in the centre of Prague since 2003 and have solid connections in the city and worldwide. Our school is friendly and has all the facilities you would expect from a high-quality training course. Take your 4-week CELTA course with us in central Prague and join our community!
• Located in the heart of the Old Town, with excellent transport links
• Excellent facilities with five spacious classrooms and staff kitchen
• Extensive library of resources (hard copy and digital)
• Projectors, computers and WIFI
• Monthly pub night
Help with Employment
On average, our graduates find work within 21 days of graduation. Our dedicated careers advisor works closely with our trainees before, during and after the course to ensure that you have a great chance of finding a good position anywhere in the world. We have a database of over 500 schools and graduates who we are regularly in touch with and we can refer you to them. Our Oxford TEFL Jobs Facebook page is updated regularly with new jobs around the world.
We offer two options for accommodation in Prague which are comfortable, low-cost and close to the school:
Option 1: Stay in our student apartment, 10 minutes walk from the school. There are four rooms available, one of which accommodates two people.
Option 2: Stay with a local. Our accommodation officer will match you to a host in the centre of the city which meets your specific needs and preferences.
- Deposits are non-refundable.
- If you postpone the starting date of your CELTA course giving:
- More than 4 weeks notice—no penalty. The deposit will be valid for a future course. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
- Less than 4 weeks notice—you will forfeit your original deposit which must be paid again. If any other payments have been made, that money will be valid for a future course. The course must be completed within one year of its postponement.
- If you cancel the Trinity Cert TESOL or CELTA course:
- More than 4 weeks before the course starts—full refund of balance (not of deposit)
- Between 2 and 4 weeks before the course starts—50% refund of balance (not of deposit)
- Less than 2 weeks before the course starts—0% refund
- If you do not show up to your course and do not give us any prior notification of this, there will be no refund given of any course fees paid.
- If your visa is rejected, as long as proof of rejection is sent to us, we would refund full fees except the deposit of the course and a €150 administration charge (including visa support).
- If a visa is required, course fees must be received at least two weeks before any appointment at the consulate to allow sufficient time to prepare and send documents.
Prague is a great place to take a CELTA course for those on a tight budget. It is a vibrant city with an abundance of things to do which won't break the bank. From Prague, the rest of Europe is easily accessible. For those wishing to work after the course, Prague is one of the easiest locations to work legally in Europe as a non-EU.